Creamy Coconut Chickpea and Kale
Chickpeas are a powerhouse of nutrients and this Creamy Coconut Chickpea and Kale Curry is delicious naturally gluten free and low carb. They are also know as Garbanzo. Serve this with brown rice you have a full protein meal for vegetarians and vegans
If you are new to chickpeas they have a nutty, battery and creamy flavour. You could snack on them without adding anything other than salt to taste and they are still delicious. This is my absolute favourite curry and I do add different veggies for texture and colour.
Did You Know?
*Chickpeas contain a resistant starch called amylose that digest slowly. This factor prevents sudden surge of blood sugar and insulin levels which can help improve the overall blood sugar control in people with type 2 diabetes
*Chickpeas contain soluble fibres which promotes regular movement of bowel action.
*High Fibre foods like chickpeas help promote the feeling of fullness and satisfaction by delaying digestions and adding bulk to meals.
Creamy Coconut Chickpea and Kale Curry
- 1 Cup Dried Chickpeas Precooked or use tinned
- ½ Cup Crushed tomatoes
- 1 Medium Onion Thinly cut
- 2 Tbsp Coconut oil Or Olive oil
- ½ Tsp Turmeric
- ½ Tsp Garam Masala
- ¼ Tsp Cumin
- ¼ Tsp Cinnamon
- ⅓ Tsp Paprika
- 1 Cup Full Coconut Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Cloves Garlic grated/minced
- 250 ml Stock Vegetable/or any other
- In a large deep Saucepan saute onions, stir frequently until the onions are starting to brown.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add garlic and spices and stir until fragrant.
- Add the tomatoes and stock continue to cook for 10 minutes until the tomatoes are soft and broken down.
- Stir in the chickpeas and let it simmer for 10 minutes until combined.
- Lastly add the coconut cream or milk and cook for further 5 minutes until creamy and thick before adding kale and turn off. Stir in the Kale until wilted no need to cook Kale on heat.
- Let this sit for a few minutes before serving .
I have served this with Quinoa, Sweet potato, Roasted Cauliflower or mist it together with the beans. For a total low carb meal. I hope you enjoy making this and let me know in the comments how it turned out for you,
Lots of Love