Delicious Bean Curry
This is by far the best Bean Curry I have ever made. So full of flavour and delicious over steamed basmati rice. The battery kidney beans simmered in a curry flavour brings the best flavours in one pot.
- 1 Cup Read Beans (soaked and cooked beforehand) You can use tinned bins
- 1 Cup Baby peas
- 1 Cup Chick Peas (soaked and cooked beforehand) You can use tinned beans
- ½ Cup Diced Zucchini
- 2 cloves Garlic
- I cup Diced Carrots
- 1 Tbsp Curry Power (of your choice)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 Cup Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooked Basmati Rice to Serve
- In a large Sauce Pan drizzle Olive oil add Garlic and Onions together combine and stir until fragrant for 1 minute.Add in carrots and curry powder and spices keep stirring until the curry is fragrant this may take a minute or 2 and then mix in the crushed tomatoes. Put on the lid and let this cook for 5 minutes until the carrots are soft and tomatoes have broken down. Adding a bit of stock occasionally so the ingredients don't stick to the pan.. You don't want to add all the stock too quickly as you want to keep the fragrant longer so it stays in after all ingredients are added.Add the cooked red bean and chickpeas, add rest of stock and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Turn down the heat and add the peas and zucchini and simmer for another 7 minutes until the curry is nice and thick.Season to test and serve with Basmati brown rice.
This meal is so healthy and delicious and packed with nutrients. Not only is this plant based meal it is also easy to make. I love cooking from scratch it gives so much joy to know what I am actually eating knowing there are no hidden nasties.