Veggie Pasta Bake
This Veggie Pasta Bake recipe is one of my favorite go to comfort food. It is quick, tasty delicious and flavorful. I love pasta dishes and I like to give them a little spin to make them taste even better. I added a few veggies to take away the guilt of carbs but it turned out to be so delicious still. Even the adults and kids who don’t like veggies will love this creamy delicious dish.
Delicious Veggie Pasta Bake
- 150 g Butternut squash (Cut into chunks)
- 40 g Butter
- 1 medium Capsicum (red pepper)
- 100 g Frozen Baby Peas
- 600 ml Milk
- 175 g Mature Cheddar (or Vegetarian Cheese)2
- 25 g Flour
- 1 medium Onion (sliced) sliced
- Salt and Pepper To state
- Heat Oven to 200c . Steam the butter nut over boiling water for 15-20 minutes or until tender. When done blitz in a food processor until smooth.
- Cook pasta according to Pasta instructions
- Heat the butter in a saucepan and add onions stir and cook for 2 minutes stir in the flour slowly and continue to cook for 2 more minutes. Take the saucepan of the heat and gradually start to whisk in the milk. Return to heat and slowly bring to boil, stirring all the time. Simmer for 5 minutes stir in the peas and capsicum and bring back to simmer. Take the pan off the heat and add in the butternut squash and then the 125g cheese.
- Stir in the pasta into the sauce and transfer to n ovenproof dish. Sprinkle cheese on top. Bake for 20 mins or until golden and bubbling.
- You can use almond milk to swap dairy milk it still tastes as good.
- Instead of butter you can use Olive Oil
- We use wholegrain pasta it still taste delicious.
The combination of butter nut, baby peas and red pepper makes this dish extra special even though it is a lighter version of the classic recipe you won’t miss the bacon.
Hope you enjoy this as much as I did as always your feedback is valuable to me.