Healthy Sweet Potato Crust Quiche
I made this meal today with fresh ingredients we picked from the markets. It is so delicious and contains less carbs satisfying. I enjoy making this dish as it is easy and simple. The flavours are natural and is 100% gluten free. Do you know there is only 17 grams of carbohydrates in 100 grams of orange sweet potatoes making it number one choice for those who are looking to make a low carb meal.
I used sweet potato as a base for those watching their waistlines. Peel the potatoes thinly and then lay them on the bottom and around the dish as shown in the picture above. You then mix all other ingredient together on the pot. You do not need to pre-cook the sweet potatoes as they cook pretty much easily as you bake.
You can add tomatoes, sun-dried, mushrooms, capsicum (bell peppers). Substitute the cheese to put on top with Nutritional Yeast it is just as delicious. There are so many reasons to love sweet potatoes they are a super food, versatile and they are inexpensive too.
Sweet Potato Crust Quiche/ Healthy Spinach Quiche
- 1 Large bunch Spinach
- 3 4 Eggs
- 1 large Sweet Potato Cut thinly
- ¾ Cup Cheddar Cheese or use Nutritional Yeast
- 1 Medium Onion
- 300 Gr Feta
- ½ Tsp Cumin
- ½ Tsp Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Turn the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. In a shallow fry pan drizzle I tbsp of olive oil and add onions and a pinch of salt. Stir for 1 minute and add the chopped spinach just until it is wilted and drain the excess liquid from the sauce pan. Put on the side to cool.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice sweet potatoes to use for base instead of pastry. In the baking bowl grease the bottom and sides with olive oil or butter and then lay the sweet potatoes as shown in the picture.
- In the Spinach bowl add Feta and Eggs and combine together. When mixed together pour on top of the sweet potato. Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese and bake for 25 minutes
- Serve with a salad of your choice.
I hope you enjoy this and if you have enjoyed making this please feel free to leave me a message and a star rating.