This Pasta Primavera dish is a meal you can have all year round with seasonal veggies. It is so versatile you can add any vegetables you want or meat. It is a satisfying and filling dish and you can have it for dinner or lunch.For low carb pasta I used Spelt Pasta and I used Spirals you can use Penne as well that is what is used originally for the recipe. Spelt Pasta is my go low carb pasta it is so delicious and it satisfying and has that pasta fix we all look for in pasta but good for you.
Things You Need to know about this dish:
- It is a great way to add a lot of vegetables to a meal
- A good way to use up vegetables before they go bad
- A great way to get kids to eat vegetables
- An enticing dish because of the colourful vegetables
- Works well as a side dish
What is the Ingredients in this recipe:
Broccoli, Carrots, Kale, Green Peas
How to make Pasta Primavera
Boil the Pasta in Vegetable or any Stock of your choice check the pasta cooking directions for cooking time. Reserve 1 cup of Pasta water before draining
Saute the Onions and garlic in saucepan and on the side steam the vegetable for a 3 to 4 minutes.
When the pasta is cooked mix in the onions and stir together with half the reserved pasta liquid.
Mix in the vegetables, the butter and the grated cheese just to the amount you want and mix together. At this stage you can add the shredded meat of your choice.
Tips for best Past Primavera:
Season the pasta with the Italian season during pasta cooking
Do not over cook pasta as it is going to cook as mix the vegetable and sauce.
You can add more cheese on serving
Don’t leave out the garlic and onions as they add flavour and they need to be saute before just like in the recipe instructions for maximum taste.
- 3 Cups Dry Pasta
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- ½ Medium Onion
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 2 Handfuls Kale Chopped finely
- I Cup Green Peas
- 1½ Cups Broccoli Finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Tsp Italian Spice
- 2 Tbs Butter Pure butter
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese Or more if required.
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large Saucepan bring the pasta to boil follow the directions on the box. But use stock instead of plain water. And steam the vegetables so they retain crunchiness and nutrients too. 8-12 minutes
- Fry the onions and garlic to extract flavours and add to the cooked pasta together with the spices and stir together for 3 minutes.
- Add the steamed vegetables and stir together. Add a little bit of reserved water
- Add the preserved water slowly and add the butter and the cheese and stir together until combined. Add a little bit more water so its not sticking at the bottom. This should take 3 minutes. or until a desired consistency.