Plant based Sausage Rolls
These plant based sausage rolls are so moist, delicious and easy to make. This is a nutrient dense recipe you don’t need to count your calories (ha!) Yes they are that delicious and the satiety level is up there. Prepare yourself because you will make these again and again. I love the flaky pastry and I eat these without guilty. I created this recipe because I love sausage rolls and I wanted to have them without guilt. I think I succeeded 🙂
This recipe requires that you chop the veggies fine.You don’t want chunks of vegetables in your sausage roll. I have done it before it is not my preference plus it does not hold together nicely.
What is in the recipe
Frozen butter pastry sheets
Cooked beans ( you can use tinned beans)
Plant Based Sausage Rolls
- 1 Cup Red beans/pinto/black cooked
- 1 Cup Mushroom finely chopped
- 1 medium Zucchini diced
- 2 Medium Carrots diced
- ½ Cup Celery diced
- 1 Medium Brown Onions
- 1 Cup Kale/ spinach finely chopped
- 2 Cubes Mussel stock
- ⅓ Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Clove Garlic finely chopped
- ⅓ Cup Tomato Puree
- ⅓ Cup Filtered Water
- Peel and finely chop the onions, finely chop all the vegetables.
- Drizzle 2 Table spoons of Olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat add the onions and garlic alternatively and stir until soft and fragrant. Add the chopped mushroom and oregano and keep stirring to release the flavours.
- Add the carrots, celery, zucchini and kale in that order and combine together.
- Stir in the tomatoes and stock cubes and stir until dissolved.
- Mix in the cooked beans and water from the beans or filtered water and cook for 10 minutes on medium heat until combined.
- When done give it a little bit of a mash withe back of the fork, just make sure there is not too much excess liquid. Let it cool down before putting on pastry
- Prepare your pastry sheets cut half lengthwise and lay your veggie mixture to desired portions. 4 sheets in total. Fold over to close and cut in small bite size.
- Brush with egg and bake for 25- 30 minutes and serve with a salad or part of finger foods
Well, I hope you enjoy making this dearly loved recipe and do let me know as always in the comments what you think.