Plant based protein is better for you we might all know that but that does not make food have lesser protein. I love making soup and this soup is not exception when it comes to satiety and delicious. Chickpeas and lentils are such a good combination full of plant based protein and dietary fibre.
What is in the recipe
Red Capsicum, Onion
You can make this ahead of time and make it in big batches and put in containers for later use. Fridge no more than 5 days. The recipe is 4 servings.
The secret to making this delicious recipe even more delicious is to get the flavours of ingredients from the first part of the recipe cooking so that when you add stock it just doesn’t become kinda of tasteless. You want to keep the flavours in and stock will enhance it even more.
I love this soup so much I make it so often and use different flavouring.
You can also make it into ca curry and add coconut cream
You can also make it into a paste to use as a thickener
You can also use these ingredients to make a stir fry.
You can use this for a vegetarian lasagne filling.
Vegetarian Sausage Fillings
It is so versatile the options are endless. I like making these kind of meal because they are quick and easy to make reducing the amount of time you spend in the kitchen.
- ½ Cup Chickpeas cooked
- ½ Cup Lentils cooked
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Red Onion chopped
- ½ Cup Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Spinach/Kale chopped
- ½ Cup Parsley/ Coriander Fresh
- 1 Tbs Tahini
- ¼ Tsp Dried Oregano
- ½ Lemon
- 1 Cup Celery
- ½ Cup Red Capsicum or green/yellow
- Salt and Pepper
- 700 ml Vegetable Stock
- Drizzle Olive Oil in a sauce pan and stir in the onions and dried oregano. Cook until soft for 2 minutes and then add red capsicum, celery and tomatoes together. Keep stirring until combined and cooked for 3 minutes
- Add the kale/ spinach and stir to combine.
- Mix in the cooked chickpeas and cooked lentil. Mix together Tahini and stock and pour over the bean mix. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir through to combine, season and cover to simmer for another 10 minutes
- Serve and enjoy.
Well friends, I hope you enjoy making this lovely soup and stay healthy.