I love these Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms. They are so tasty, creamy and delicious. I am always finding ways to incorporate vegetable in my meals without them being boring. Quinoa is a good grain full of antioxidants and it is easy and versatile to prepare.
What is in the recipe
Why Mushrooms and Quinoa
Mushroom and Quinoa are a power house of nutrients. Mushrooms are full of antioxidants especially one called selenium which support the immune system and helps protect your body from damage of cells and tissue. How good is that!!! On the other hand quinoa is also rich in antioxidants, minerals and essential amino acids. It is high in fibre and protein.
Quinoa Stuffed Mushrooms
- ½ Cup Quinoa
- 4 Large Mushrooms for stuffing
- ¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Cloves Garlic chopped
- ½ Medium Onion
- 100 ml Stock
- 2 Tbs Butter
- Cook Quinoa for 5 mins or more until tender and set aside
- In a large saucepan. Stir in butter and add onions and garlic and saute until soft.
- Add thyme and stir until combined and soft add in the kale and mix together.
- When it is all mixed add in quinoa and gradually add stock making sure it doesn't stick to the bottom. Add half of the nutritional yeast and stir together. Set aside to cool.
- Prepare the large mushrooms and scoop in two or three Tbs until filled and repeat with other three. Sprinkle nutritional yeast on top.
- In a baking tray place the stuffed mushrooms and add about 100 ml of water at the bottom of the tray. Make sure the mushroom are not immersed in water this is so they retain their moisture and not dry out.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. At 180°