The Best Peanut Sauce Ever
I grew up eating a lot of raw peanuts and peanut butter and peanut butter was mainly used for culinary in our kitchen. I have made peanut sauce many many times and I thought I would share with you guys this recipe. It is tasty, nutty and silky delicious. The smokiness of the salmon fish and the creamy savoury peanut sauce is a combination to die for. So delicious!!!
What you will need
Salt to season
When buying peanut butter make sure it has high amount of Oleic acid fatty acid. This fatty acid is known as a good fat helping to lower the amount of bad cholesterol in the body, while boosting the levels of good cholesterol. But at the same time I eat peanut butter in moderation as too much may cause inflammation.
- 4 Tbsp Organic Peanut Butter
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 400 ml Vegetable stock Water will do
- ¼ Tsp Chilli paste Optional
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Saute onions in a saucepan on medium heat until soft. Add tomato paste and stir to mix together adding stock so it does not stick to the pan. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add peanut butter and gradually add more stock stirring at the same time to thicken the sauce. When thickened or combined reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Check regularly and add more stock or water as needed. You can control the thickness of the sauce by adding or reducing the amount of liquid. Thick is better.
- Add Salt and chilli paste to taste . Serve with rice or just spinach and salmon. The longer it cooks the better the taste.
I served this with pumpkin leaves it was delicious. Let me know how you go making this and as always leave comments or feedback.
Lots of love