Vegetable Barley Soup
This Barley Vegetable Soup is my favourite soup in the whole wide planet. It is so full of flavour and tastes delicious too. It is the ultimate health comfort food made with fresh seasonal vegetables. It is a one pot meal making it easy but still delicious. I love creating and cooking meals at home . It is so satisfying I will do it again and again.
Barley’s healthy benefits are that it is high in soluble insoluble fibre which helps in moving the digestive system as well good for aiding lowering blood sugar and cholesterol. Barley is very filling and a great addition to many types of soups. If you are gluten intolerant substitute barley with Quinoa or brown rice.
Barley Vegetable Soup
- ½ Cup Barley Precook Barley 40 mins
- I Cup Mushrooms
- 1 Medium Fennel Outer leaves stripped
- 1 Medium Capsicum
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Medium Onion
- 1 Medium Zucchini
- 1 Cup Tomatoes
- 2 Medium Carrots
- 600 ml Vegetable Stock or Stock of your choice
- 2 Handfuls Kale
- Salt and Pepper
- Drizzle Olive in a large Sauce pan and stir in Onion, garlic and fennel. Cook until soft.
- Add carrots and mushrooms until they start to come together add in tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Add in zucchini capsicum and kale and stir for another 5 minutes.
- Add precooked barley and stock and simmer until combined 20-25 minutes
If you want more vegetable soups check out this pumpkin soup.